Who we are?
The Latvian Health and Fitness Association was founded on October 30th, 2007 with the aim of uniting the leading fitness clubs as representatives of employers (legal entities), industry specialists – coaches and university teachers to develop the fitness and health industry, as well as to promote public physical activity and improve the general public health situation in Latvia.
The mission of “LVFA” is to promote, protect and popularize the development of the fitness and health sector, to promote the strengthening and prophylaxis of public health in Latvia. We work to support our members in their success.
To educate fitness trainers, to promote the development of practical activities in the field of fitness and health promotion in Latvia. LVFA wants to become a support and advisor to the leaders of fitness clubs and the society in general for health promotion and maintenance services.
- Increasing the number of club visitors and expanding the age structure, promoting public interest in physical activities, involving state and local government institutions.
- To unite the leading fitness club as representatives of employers (legal entities), industry specialists – coaches and university teachers to develop the fitness and health industry.
- Approval and implementation of professional standards for the operation of clubs and the improvement of the quality of customer service, as well as the promotion of fair competition.
- Club management and staff training and further education.
- Make a significant contribution to the promotion and prophylaxis of public health.
- Systematically improve the professional standard of a fitness coach.
- In order to stimulate public involvement in physical activity, it is necessary to optimize the tax system (reduce the VAT rate) for health promotion and maintenance services.